
This week has been so busy! On top of editing and delivering two shoots for clients, I've been ill all week :[.
So far, this week has been about planning. Normally, with photoshoots, I do research and create collections, first of ideas, and then colors, poses, people, and from there, I rehearse how I want a shoot to go. In this case, making a short film, I found that there are very different steps involved. First, i chose a subject. As my first moving picture, I wanted to explore the dynamic between two people through movement. I asked Jimmy and Hailey, who possess the skills and chemistry I needed for the short film, and who I've had the pleasure to shoot with several times before.
Next, I decided on a song entitled "Her" by a young artist in Australia and I emailed him asking for permission to use his music. He agreed, and I proceeded to choose a location, a field out in rural Southern Louisiana. Next, I decided on wardrobe. My initial thought was that I wanted the film to be in black and white, so i had both of them bring dark clothing, to create the greatest contrast.
I first wanted to shoot on Friday but, unsure of the lighting conditions I wanted for the film, and because I had never made a film before, I wanted to do a test shoot.
Hailey and Jimmy walked out into the pastures of our farm with me late in the afternoon and we shot for a little over an hour. I took mental notes of what each could do and what they could do together and we set a date for the actual shoot, Monday. From editing the film, I learned what I wanted to ask for next time, and what things I wanted to add in during the actual shoot. The following film is the test shoot for "Her."


No comments:
Post a Comment