At times, the inspiration for a shoot comes to me like a perfectly-addressed letter in the mail, and other times, like ripped pieces of paper through the mail slot. But once I tape them together, however disorderly the mess, I usually end up with the idea my scattered brain intended all along. This time, the first scrap of paper brought forth the model.
My childhood friend Olivia, endlessly lovely, with dark coffee eyes and long red-tinted, brown hair exemplifies the feminine power and wild freedom of the 1970s. Tonight, I am going to research the early the decade in terms of both history and film, in the hopes that the other scraps of paper will come together. Tomorrow, I'm going to flea markets and charity shops to put together the wardrobe for the shoot and scout out locations. The shoot is scheduled for either Friday morning or Saturday afternoon.

No comments:
Post a Comment