Sunday, January 22, 2012

Between the Pages


Today was the shoot with Alexa and Haley, based upon the "Fashion Execution" poem. I wanted to investigate the relationship between young women and the magazines they read. I took every magazine I could find, and looked through them, had the girls bring their clothes and interpret the photos, dressing and posing. This is a subject that I definitely want to pursue further. 

Location Prep:
The location for the shoot was a large marble and wood bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and vanity lights, mirrors, cabinets, granite countertops - something to give the air of privilege and pampering, and to set the stage for this private "fashion show." The master bathroom at my parents' house was the perfect location for the shoot, but it was very much their own, personal bathroom, so I spent the morning of the shoot placing all of their affects into bags and scrubbing the surfaces of the bathroom. 

Before 




After






I love being the wardrobe stylist and creative director of photoshoots, but until today, I had never acted as a MUA. Here is the shoot prep:




 me, applying Alexa's makeup. photo credit: Hailey Curtis



Here is a preview from the day:








No comments:

Post a Comment